Social Icons

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Giving Information



Use this role play to practice asking about personal information. Make sure you know how to ask questions with the verb "to be". Personal information includes information about a person's job, marital status, address, phone number, etc. these questions are important when providing information at banks, schools, stores, when taking surveys and more.



For example

I'm from Nepal.
Really? Is this your first time here?
I live in Cincinnati.
Really? Is that near Cleveland?
I'm an engineer.
Oh really? Which train?
2. When your partner tells you something, say "Really?" then make a related statement.

For example,

I'm from Ireland.
Oh really? My grandfather is Irish.
I live in Tokyo.
Really? My sister lives in Osaka.
I'm a student at Forbes University.
Really? I study at Gates College.
3. Ask wh- questions to find out information about your partner. Then respond to the information.
For example,
Where do you work?
I work at May Bee's
Really? What do you do there?
I'm a sales clerk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About