Social Icons

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Simple Questions


Speak  English speaking Beginner



Speaking English asks us to ask questions. Learn how to ask and answer these questions to begin having conversations in English. To help you questions are divided into categories. There are 50 basic English questions with responses on this page. These basic questions are among the most important in English. Each question has an appropriate answer or response. 

Personal Information

What's your name?
Peter.
Where are you from? / Where do you come from?
I'm from ... I come from ...
What's your surname / family name?
Smith.
What's your first name?
Tom.
What's your address?
7865 NW Sweet Street
Where do you live?
I live in San Diego.
What's your (tele)phone number?
209-786-9845
How old are you?
Twenty-five. I'm twenty-five years old.
When / Where were you born?
I was born in 1961 / Seattle.
Are you married? / What's your marital status?
I'm single.
What do you do? / What's your job?
I'm a librarian.
Where did you go?
I went to a friend's house.
What did you do?
We played video games.
Where were you?
I was in New York for the weekend.
Have you got a car / job / house / etc.?
Yes, I've got a good job.
Have you got any children / friends / books / etc.?
Yes, I've got three children - two boys and a daughter.
Can you play tennis / golf / football / etc.?
Yes, I can play golf.
Can you speak English / French / Japanese / etc.?
No, I can't speak Japanese.
Could you speak English / French / Japanese / etc.?
when you were five / two / fifteen / etc. years old?
Yes, I could speak English when I was five years old.


Very Simple - Yes/No Questions 

Are you from Canada?

Is he a doctor?

Is this free?

Do you like apples?

Does she live in New Orleans? 


More examples of 
- Yes/No Questions

Is she going to the dance?

Are they flying home?

Are you coming to the party? 


Examples of simple 
- Wh- questions 

What do you do (as an occupation)?

What do you do on the weekends?


Where are you from?

Where do you live?

How do you say that in English?


How do you spell your name?

How do you know Mr. Amos?





Yes, I am. 


No, he isn't.

Yes, it is.
Yes, I do.No, she doesn't 




Yes, she is.
No, they're taking the bus.No, I have other plans. 
I'm a computer programmer. 
I usually stay home and watch television.I'm from Ontario, California.I live in Arizona. 

I live at the Chateau Apartments.
I don't know. S-I-M-O-N. 

He's my teacher.
Learning to write personal descriptions:

Hello, my name is James. I'm a programmer and I come from Chicago. I live in Seattle with my wife Jennifer. We have two children and a dog. The dog is very funny. I work at a computer company in the city. The company is very famous and successful. Our daughter is named Anna and our Son is named Peter. She is four years old and he is five. We like living and working in Seattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About