Social Icons

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Simple Sentences


Speak  English speaking Beginner


The other day I came across an interesting statistic. Almost 50,000 people search monthly on the phrase 'how speak English'. When someone asks 'how speak English' they really mean 'How do you speak English?' Of course, it's a great question! There are many variations on this phrase. People looking for the phrase 'how speak English' on the internet may mean a number of different things:




How speak English? - For general English ability
If someone asks 'how speak English', they might be asking about how to learn English. It's important to ask this question well, so here are two conversations contrasting the incorrect question 'how speak English' with a more correct version.
Example of a incorrect English:
- Excuse, how speak English?
- I'm sorry. What did you say?
- Sorry, me English no good. How speak English?
- Oh, I understand.
Example of correct English:
- Excuse me. How can I learn to speak English?
- There are many ways. You should go online.
- I'm sorry. My English isn't very good. Could you repeat that?
- Certainly, you should go online to study English.
- Thank you.
- You're welcome.
Here are some other phrases which can help:
How can I learn to speak English?
How should I learn to speak English?

1. I work in a post office.


2. Greg works in a bank.

3. They live in    Washington.

4. I eat breakfast at 8:00    a.m.

5. She goes to work at    9:00 a.m.

6. Eddy plays basketball    every Friday.

7. Penny starts class at    10:00.

8. I don't drink beer.
Are you a letter carrier?Is he a teller?Are they senators? 


What do you eat? 



Where does she work?
 


Where does he play?
 


When does she finish?
 


Why (not)?
No, I'm a postal clerk.

Yes, he is.

No, they aren't.


(I eat) eggs, bacon, and toast.

In the cafeteria.


At the gym.


At 11:00.


I don't like it.

Learning to write personal descriptions:

Hello, my name is James. I'm a programmer and I come from Chicago. I live in Seattle with my wife Jennifer. We have two children and a dog. The dog is very funny. I work at a computer company in the city. The company is very famous and successful. Our daughter is named Anna and our Son is named Peter. She is four years old and he is five. We like living and working in Seattle.






No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About