Social Icons

Monday, April 8, 2013

Talking about Past Actions


Speak  English speaking Beginner

1. What did you do last Friday?
2. Where did you go?
3. When did you get back?
4. Where did you stay?
5. What did Sally have for lunch?
6. What did he eat last night?
7. How was the weather?
I went to a baseball game.
I went to Detroit.
I got back on Saturday night.
I stayed with my parents.
She had soup and sandwiches.
He ate Chinese food.
It was wonderful.






Study some examples and then we will be at the practice session.

Person A: "Why didn't you come to my party last night?"
Person B: "I'm sorry I couldn't make it. I had to go visit my grandmother at the hospital."
Person A: "Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Is she doing ok?"
Person B: "They just completed a small operation and the doctors said she should recover."

Person A: "Did you get a chance to go to that new restaurant down the street?"
Person B: "Yeah. I ordered the special, but the server screwed up my order."
Person A: "That sucks. So what ended up happening?"
Person B: "They finally got my steak out, but it was overcooked. It was a terrible experience."

Person A: "What did you do last weekend?"
Person B: "I went on a date with Sammy."
Person A: "Really? How was it?"
Person B: "I couldn't ask for a better night. We talked all through out our two hour dinner, and then we sat by the river and cuddled in the night."

Person A: "Didn't you finish finals week?"
Person B: "Don't remind me. I think I failed most of the exams."
Person A: "Why did you do so terrible?"
Person B: "My mind just went blank. I think I overloaded my brain. I just couldn't concentrate during the exams."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About