Social Icons

Monday, April 8, 2013

Talking about Family


Speak  English speaking Beginner

The words below are some of the most important used when talking about Family and Relationships.






Family and Relationships - Families
aunt
brother elder / older brother
cousin
daughter
father
grandchild
granddaughter / son
grandfather / mother
grandparent (s)
great-grandchild
husband
ex-husband
in-laws
son-in law, etc.
mother
niece
nephew
parents
sister
son
step-father
step-daughter, etc.
twin
twin-sister/ brother
uncle
widow (woman)
widower (man)
wife
ex-wife
Family and Relationships - Marital Relationships
divorced
engaged
married / unmarried
separated
single
widowed
Family and Relationships - Verbs
get divorced (from)
get engaged (to)
get married (to)
get on (well) with someone
marry someone
start / end a relationship with someone


Introducing your family
This is my mother/mom.
This is my father/dad.
(These are my parents)
This is my wife.
This is my husband.
There are five people in my family.
(My mother, my father, my older brother, my older sister, me, my younger brother.)
I have two brothers.
One is older.
One brother is older (than me).
One is younger.
I have one sister.
I'm number three.

Asking about family
How many brothers and sisters do you have?
What number are you?
He's the oldest (of five children).
She's the youngest.
Cindy doesn't have any brothers or sisters.
Jared is an only child.
How many children do you have?
We have two. One son and one daughter.
Do you have any kids?
No, I'm not married.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About