Social Icons

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Introducing Yourself


Speak  English speaking Beginner

Use this role play to practice introducing yourself. Study the verb "to be" with questions such as "Where are you from?, What's your name? Are you American? etc." to help continue the conversation with your partner.

Introductions

  1. Hello. My name's Peter. What's your name?
  2. Janet.
  1. Where are you from Janet?
  2. I'm from Seattle. Where are you from?
  1. I'm from Madrid.
  2. Are you American?
  1. Yes, I am. Are you Spanish?
  2. Yes I am.
Key Vocabulary
My name is...
What's (is) your name ...
Where are you from?
I'm from... Are you (Spanish, American, German, etc.)
Hello and Goodbye - Three Short Conversations
Hello
  1. Hello, Peter. How are you?
  2. Fine, thanks. How are you?
  1. I'm fine, thank you.
Goodbye
  1. Goodbye, Janet. See you tomorrow!
  2. Bye bye, Peter. Have a nice evening.
  1. Thanks, you too!
  2. Thanks.
Key Vocabulary
Hello... How are you?
I'm fine, - OK, - well, thank you
Goodbye, - bye bye
See you tomorrow
Have a nice evening, - day
Introducing Yourself - Example Conversations

Person A: "Hi, my name is Steve. It's nice to meet you."
Person B: "I'm Jack. It's a pleasure to meet you, Steve."
Person A: "What do you do for a living Jack?"
Person B: "I work at the bank."

Person A: "What is your name?"
Person B: "Jackson."
Person A: "What was that again?"

Person A: "Hey John, how have you been?"
Person B: "What a surprise. I haven't seen you in a long time. How have you been?"
Person A: "I'm doing very well. How about you?"
Person B: "I finally have some free time. I just finished taking a big examination, and I'm so relieved that I'm done with it."

Person A: "Hi Nancy, what have you been up to?"
Person B: "The same ole same ole." Or, "The same as usual. How about you?"
Person A: "I'm pretty busy at work these days, but otherwise, everything is great."

Person A: "Andy, it's been a long time, how are you man?"
Person B: "What a surprise. I haven't seen you in a long time. How have you been?"
Person A: "Do you come to this restaurant often?"
Person B: "I've been here a couple of times, but I don't come on a regular basis."
Worksheets to download and print






1. Read!
:: Dialogues and vocabulary
2. Learn!
:: Introducing yourself
3. Practise!
:: Tasks and exercises
4. Test yourself!
:: Test worksheets with answer keys
5. Play! People: Names
:: Game items
:: Game cards

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About